From 6 months of age, children need essential nutrients such as vitamins A, B, D, K, minerals, amino acids and especially DHA for comprehensive development. The ways to cook baby powder at home in combination with vegetables will help your child have enough quality and often eat and grow.
When should the baby eat solids?
Pediatricians recommend that children should eat solids from 6 months of age because their digestive system before 6 months of age is still very young, unable to fully absorb protein from meat, fish, eggs … Eating weaning food early from 4 months onwards is very susceptible to intestinal diseases, more severe can cause rickets and malnutrition.
However, depending on the development of each baby, there will be different weaning time frames. For babies under 6 months old, if the baby shows signs of wanting to wean, parents should consult the doctor and feed the baby as directed by a specialist.
The amount of food for babies according to each month of age
– Children from 4-7 months old eat 1-2 meals a day of liquid powder, eat about 100-200ml
– Children from 8 – 9 months old eat 2-3 solid flour / day or can eat grated porridge.
– Children aged 10-13 months eat 3 meals of solid flour or porridge cooked
Children 12 – 24 months old eat 3 porridge meals / day
What kind of baby food powder is good?
On the market today, there are many convenient baby powder for baby food. However, it is best to have the following nutrients such as:
– Vitamins (A, B, D, K …)
Minerals (calcium, phosphorus, magnesium …)
Types of amino acids
– Other nutrients such as protein, fat, protein, fiber …
Pre-bought weaning powders also have these nutritional ingredients, when buying moms, pay attention.
In addition to the available weaning powders, cooking powder for baby food will both ensure hygiene as well as balance nutrients, enhance deficiencies, actively limit excess substances.
How to cook baby powder at home for each month of age best
For babies who eat weaning food with homemade weaning powder, both ensure nutrition and they eat better, they often eat and grow fast.
When cooking powdered food for children, mothers should pay attention to combining vegetables, fish meat, eggs … to enrich their meals in both nutrition and form. Mothers can refer to the following delicious snacks for babies each month!
* Powdered food for babies 4 months old
Baby should only eat solids from 6 months old. But under required conditions, babies 4 months old can be weaned. However, baby should only eat solids when directed by specialists and nutritionists.
Baby eat solids when 4 months old divided by week. The first week, mom can combine rice flour with vegetables and roots. To the 2nd week of the 4th month, when weaning can be combined with pork, flour and vegetables. Here are the ways to cook weaning powder for 4-month-old babies, mothers can refer to:
1. Powdered milk and pumpkin
– Ingredients: 20g rice flour, 15g milk powder, 30g pumpkin
– How to cook: Pumpkin washed, peeled, brought steamed and then pureed. Put 200ml of water with 20g of rice flour and 3 tablespoons of ground pumpkin into a pot, boil, stir until cooked. Add 1 teaspoon of oil for baby to stir well. Finally, add 15g of formula and stir well and let your baby use.
2. Mashed sweet potato flour for miles
– Ingredients: 15g peeled sweet potato, chopped. 25g of processed snack powder, 75ml of warm water.
– How to do: Steamed sweet potatoes, pureed. Pour the powdered food into the water, stir well, then add the crushed sweet potatoes to mix well as your baby can use.
3. Rice flour for baby chicken cooking
– Ingredients: 10g rice flour, 10g chicken breast meat, 200ml water, 10g vegetables, 1 teaspoon water.
– How to make: Clean, minced chicken. Washed vegetables, finely chopped. Boil the vegetables with 200ml of water to cook and puree.
Put the rice flour in the vegetable broth and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Finally add the pureed vegetables, mix well and cook for a few more minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of baby oil, mix well and turn off the heat.
* Cooking powder for baby 5 months old
Children 5 months old when weaning need to supplement 4 groups of nutrients including starch, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals.
Protein is in meat, fish, eggs. Vitamins and minerals are found in dark vegetables. The following menus are enough for babies to refer to:
4. Cereal or oat flour
Mothers can replace rice flour with whole grain meal or whole oatmeal for babies, which are also very nutritious.
5. Sweet potato and apple powder
– Ingredients: Rice flour, sweet potato, apple
– How to make: Clean, steamed sweet potatoes and puree. Apple quit drunk to get juice.
Add the rice flour and stirring water, add pureed sweet potatoes and a little apple juice at the rate of 2 teaspoons of sweet potatoes, 5 teaspoons of apple juice and cook until the dough is cooked and smooth.
6. Fresh fruit
In fresh fruit, there are many vitamins that are good for your baby. Mothers can steam the fruit and then puree it and give it to the baby.
7. Green vegetables
Mothers can also feed babies for 5 months with green vegetables such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, greens, carrots …
8. Add protein rich foods
Mothers can also cook and puree meats such as chicken, beef, pork, fish, shrimp … and cook with flour for babies to eat.
* Cooking powdered food for babies 6 months old
6 months is the official weaning period for babies. In the baby’s weaning menu , there must be a full range of nutrients such as starch, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals. At the same time as the group of vegetables and fruits, fruit is also a group of foods that need to be supplemented for the baby when weaning. The menu to cook weaning powder for babies 6 months old is enough for mothers to refer as follows:
9. Rice flour cooked with milk powder
Ingredients: ¼ cup of rice, 1 glass of water, 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
– How to make: Clean rice, cook into porridge, then puree. Then add 2 tablespoons of milk powder and stir well to make the rice flour nourishing baby food.
10. Oatmeal cooked with banana
Ingredients: ¼ cup oats, 2 teaspoons of formula, ½ sliced banana, ⅓ cup water.
– How to: Boil water and cook the oats for about 10 minutes. When the oatmeal is ripe, add the banana. Then bring the mixture to powder. Finally, the formula milk is stirred to be eaten by the baby powder.
11. Crushed vegetables for babies
– Ingredients: ⅛ cup green beans, ⅛ cup peas, ¼ cup pumpkin, 1 slice carrot.
– How to do: Put all vegetables in a pot and cook with water until well done. Put the mixture in the blender to make the powder for the baby.
12. Crushed carrots
– Ingredients: 500g carrot, 1 glass of water
– How to make: Carrots peeled, sliced into slices. Put in a pot and cook with 1 glass of water, simmer for 25 minutes. Let the carrots cool and then put them in the blender to make the flour.
13. Sweet potato snack powder
– Ingredients: 500g sweet potato, 1 little formula or breast milk
– How to: Bake soft ripe sweet potatoes. Ripe potatoes peel and remove any hard parts. Then put the potatoes and milk in a blender (if the formula is formula, it must be mixed with water and then blended). Blend into a smooth, smooth mixture.
14. Chicken, potato and pumpkin snack flours
– Ingredients: 10g rice flour or snack powder, 20g chicken, 10g pumpkin, 15g potato.
– How to make: Pumpkin, peeled potatoes, boiled or steamed and then pureed. The chicken is cleaned, filtered for the meat and then pureed.
Pour water and flour into the pot and stir well until boiling, then add the chicken and stir until cooked. Continue to add the pumpkin and mashed potatoes to the mix. Finally pour the mixture into a bowl and let your baby enjoy.
15. Cook beef powder and zucchini
– Ingredients: 10g rice flour, ¼ green zucchini, 30g beef
– How to do: Cut beef into small pieces, stew softly then let it puree. Steamed zucchini, pureed.
Put the dough in the pot of water and stir well. When boiling, add the beef and stir until it is done. The flour and beef are cooked, then add the zucchini and stir until it boils again.
16. Cook the dough with apples and beets
– Ingredients: 200g apple peeled, chopped. 1 peeled, chopped beetroot.
– How to: Steam the beets for 15 minutes, then cook the apples for about 8 minutes. Put all in the blender, add milk and mix well the powder is smooth.
* Cooking powder for babies from 7 to 8 months old
When your baby is 7-8 months old, the weaning menu and foods are more diverse and can be replaced with porridge. The flour or porridge for babies 7-8 months, mothers can refer to:
17. White meat fish porridge or porridge and carrot
– Ingredients: 50g carrot, 30g lean white fish, ½ teaspoon of fresh seaweed, rice flour
– How to make: Boiled peeled carrots. Seaweed washed, boiled over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Boiled or steamed fish removed the skin for 5 minutes, filtered all the bones and then chopped. Put the carrot and fish broth in the pot, boil all the seaweed, carrots and fish, then add the rice flour and stir until it’s done.
18. Minced chicken sauce and taro
– Ingredients: 70g taro, 2 tablespoons of minced chicken, rice flour, scallions, soy sauce, water.
– How to make: Taro peeled, sliced, steamed for about 2 minutes. Then crush the taro. For minced chicken cooked with a little water, taro, add scallion and cook for about 6 minutes. Finally, add the dissolved rice flour and cook until it is done.
19. Mashed potatoes mixed with chicken liver
– Ingredients: potato ¼ tuber, 20g chicken liver, 10 pieces of spinach, chicken soup, tapioca, teaspoon soy sauce.
– How to do: Cooked, steamed potatoes, small pieces, washed chicken liver, steamed, and then chopped. Boiled spinach, minced. Add all ingredients to cook with chicken soup package, add spices to taste. Wait for a boil, turn down the heat, add the flour to stir until it matches, boil for 1 – 1.5 minutes, then turn off the heat.
20. Mashed sweet potatoes with liver pate
– Ingredients: Sweet potato 40g, 1 egg yolk, 15ml of fresh milk or powdered milk, a little liver pate and vegetables as you like.
– How to do: Clean sweet potatoes, chopped, steamed, and then crushed. Beat the egg yolks, mix with milk and simmer for about 10 minutes. Finally, pate the liver, potatoes and cooked vegetables, stir well, customize the consistency and clarity according to your baby’s preference.
21. Tofu, carrots, mashed corn milk
– Ingredients: 2 teaspoons of corn milk, 30g tofu, 10g carrot, 1 little flour, 60ml of chicken broth
– How to do: Steamed carrots, crushed. Add chicken broth and corn milk to cook, add some spices to taste. When the broth is boiling, add the crushed carrots and cook at the end, mix the flour with a little water and pour slowly into the pot and stir until thickened. Cooked tofu, crushed, then sprinkle with carrot sauce and cooked corn milk and let your baby enjoy.
22. Carrots, salmon, beans cove
– Ingredients: 10g carrot, 20g cove bean, 20g fresh salmon, 80ml vegetable broth, 1 little flour.
– How to do: Steamed salmon, minced, stir-fried with a little oil or butter. Boiled cove beans, crushed. Carrots steamed or boiled, crushed. Add all of the mixture and cook with vegetable broth. Dissolve the flour with a little water and pour it slowly into the mixture, stirring until it compares.
23. Porridge or fish meal
– Ingredients: 20g non-glutinous rice flour, fish bone, 10g cooking oil, 1 teaspoon of chopped green vegetables, water.
– How to make: Mix rice flour with water and cook. Puree fish and cook with flour, add minced green vegetables to cook a little more and then add a little cooking oil.
24. Shrimp yam powder
– Ingredients: 25g non-glutinous rice flour, 5 shrimp, 25g yam, 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
– How to do: Shrimps remove the shell, minced them, steamed yam puree. Put the flour in the water, stir well, add shrimp to stir well, cooked shrimp for yams to cook with.
25. Porridge or vegetable rib powder
– Ingredients: powder 25g of non-glutinous rice, 5 pieces of young ribs, corn, carrots, peas, cooking oil
– How to do: Clean young ribs. Then remove the puree. Cooked vegetables and pureed.
Rice flour mixed with stewed pork ribs, boil on the stove, then add minced ribs, cook vegetables for about 2 minutes Add 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, stir well and let your baby use.
Those are the ways to make formula for babies 4 months, 5 months, 6 months old and older that mothers can refer to. All weaning problems for children under 6 months old, parents should consult a doctor and a nutritionist to make sure the baby can develop at its best.